Mother's Day dining delights
When it comes to treating Mom right, you’ve got tons of dining options this week (and if your mom’s not around, treat yourself! Most happen on May 13, but there are also a few events on the days leading up to Mother’s Day. Let’s take a look at just some of the offerings:
No, brunch is not just for bachelorette parties and fabulous friends, it’s for family, too. Mother’s Day features some excellent options to please her excellency. Some are prix fixe and some are à la carte; hours vary; and reservations are always a good idea, especially on Mother’s Day, where special seatings fill up quickly.
• Beer Park (Paris, 702.444.4500 for reservations) All-day brunch with items like a large stuffed pretzel filled with three cheeses and cured meats, and peanut butter cheesecake. Bottomless mimosas are $25.
• Bardot Brasserie (Aria, 877.230.2742) Chef Jamie Malone of Minneapolis’ Grand Cafe is guest chef, offering exclusive items for brunch, 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m., and dinner, 5:30-10:30 p.m., on May 13. Menu highlights include black truffle omelet, a tobacco semifreddo with cherries and tableside sherry wine pairing.
• Buddy V’s (The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian and The Palazzo, 702.607.2355) For $39.95 adults and $14.95 age 12 and under (extra $14.95 for bottomless beverages), get a buffet-style brunch with Italian dishes like meatballs, chicken parm and mac and cheese carbonara. Plus cannoli, of course!
• Cabo Wabo Cantina (Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort, 702.385.2226) From 8-11 a.m., moms get a complimentary “mom-mosa” or Bellini with any breakfast item purchase, when accompanied by another adult.
• Carve Steakhouse (Eastside Cannery Casino and Hotel, 702.507.5700) Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., $28.99 per person. In addition to champagne, the brunch will feature a carving station.
• Chica (The Venetian, vegasuncorkd.com for tickets) Join chef Lorena Garcia to celebrate Chica’s one-year anniversary with a Mom-Mosa brunch May 13 and indulge in chef Garcia’s favorite Latin dishes served with brunch cocktails.
• Cleo (SLS Las Vegas, 702.761.7100 for reservations) Mother’s Day jazz and champagne brunch, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., $45 per adult and $11.50 for kids ages 3 to 10 years old, with bottomless cocktails.
• CRAFTkitchen (10940 S. Eastern Ave. Suite 107, Henderson, 702.728.5828; reservations required) get a trendy four-course Mother’s Day for $54.95 adults, $17.95 kids age 6-10 and $7.95 for kids age 5 and under. Extra $18 for bottomless mimosas and CK Marys.
• Culinary Dropout (Hard Rock Hotel, 702.522.8100) Mother’s Day brunch, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. with asparagus toast, lobster Benedict and more.
• Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse Las Vegas (3925 Paradise Road, 702.796.0063) Find dishes such as lobster Benedict, filet Benedict and prime rib ($46-$55).
• Della’s Kitchen (The Delano, 702.632.9250) Three-course farm-to-table brunch by executive chef Jay Calimlim, $55 per person plus tax and gratuity.
• Fú (Hard Rock Hotel, 702.522.8188) An extensive Mother’s Day Brunch from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., $23.95 per person, $9.95 for children age 12 and under; bottomless mimosas are $16 more.
• Hank’s (Green Valley Ranch Resort, 702.617.7075; reservations required) Mother’s Day brunch features gourmet omelet station, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. $89 per person age 11-plus, $39 age 3-10.
• Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas Strip (3771 Las Vegas Blvd. S., 702-650-8590 for tickets) Themed brunch with a live yacht rock band from 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. with bottomless mimosas and a great view for $50.
• Hash House a Go Go (6800 W. Sahara Ave., 702.804.4646; The LINQ Hotel & Casino, 702.254.4646; The Plaza, 702.384.4646); 555 N. Stephanie St., Henderson, 702.898.4646) Brunch reservations are available between 8-10 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. Get an over-the-top Johnny’s Famous BLT Mary in a 24-ounce souvenir glass for $13.99.
• The Hawthorn Grill (JW Marriott, 221 N. Rampart Blvd., 702.507.5955) A buffet-type gig with made-to order omelets. $59 adults, $28 for children, under age 5 free.
• Morels Steakhouse & Bistro (The Venetian, 702.607.6333; reservations recommended) Children age 8 and under eat free with purchase of adult entrée. A tableside balloon animal artist entertains.
• Osteria Costa (The Mirage, 866.339.4566) A special Italian brunch from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. for Mom with bottomless Bellinis.
• Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant (Downtown Summerlin, 702.982.0111 for reservations) Maybe you’ll try Huevos Divorciados, eggs separated by a beef enchilada, for $17.95. Guests 21-plus who purchase an entrée get a free champagne 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Jazz pianist Grant Peacock plays during brunch hours.
• Park on Fremont (506 Fremont St., 702.834.3160 for reservations) Enjoy a specialty $20 Bellini cocktail trio with peach, strawberry and passionfruit Bellini flavors only for brunch from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. on May 13.
• T-Bones (Red Rock Resort, 702.797.7576; reservations required) Mother’s Day brunch features gourmet omelet station, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., $89 per person age 11-plus, $39 age 3-10.
Although some of us moms would like to pretend there’s no other meal but brunch, we have been known to occasionally eat at other times.
• Baja Miguel’s (South Point, 702.797.8075) Enjoy a three-course prix-fixe menu from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. for $21.95 per person, with a complimentary Margarita or glass of wine.
• Eureka! (520 E. Fremont St., 702.570.3660) Celebrating Mother’s Day May 12-13, all day with the “mom-osa” flight, a sampler with four fresh-squeezed juices, including orange, pineapple, grapefruit and ginger-lime.
• Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar (4480 Paradise Road, 702.364.5300 for reservations) From noon-9 p.m., Ferraro’s prix-fixe, four-course meal includes such things as spinach ricotta gnocchi in butter and sage sauce, $59.50 per person. Bottomless mimosas are $20 extra.
• Giordano’s (The Grand Bazaar Shops at Bally’s, 702.850.2420; 8730 W. Charleston Blvd. 702.342.0721) Momza will undoubtedly dig the heart-shaped pizzas available May 11-13.
• MRKT (Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa, 702.692.7777) Three-course à la carte menu from 4 p.m.-close featuring pan-seared filet, lobster and rice pilaf, $55 per person.
• Second Street Grill (Fremont Hotel and Casino, 702.385.3232) Offers a memorable Mother’s Day dinner from 5-10 p.m. for $48, with a firecracker shrimp roll and a filet served Oscar-style.
• Siegel’s 1941 (El Cortez Hotel & Casino, 702.385.5200) All the moms noshing here will get a complimentary mimosa or dessert on Mother’s Day.
• Tuscany Gardens (Tuscany Suites and Casino, 702.947.5910) For $38.95, from 3-10 p.m., indulge in a prix fixe dinner with such items as four cheese and pear fiochetti and roasted lemon pepper chicken or beef tenderloin.
• Waverly’s Steakhouse’s (Cannery Casino Hotel, 702.507.5700) Three-course dinner with white asparagus soup and stuffed flounder from 3 p.m.-close for $36.99 per person.